Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Currently Watching: Sungkyunkwan Scandal

I am not much into historical KDrama, I think I only watched Dae Jang Geum or Jewel in the Palace among the many out there. So when Sungkyunkwan Scandal came out I didn't bat an eyelash even though I read positive reviews about it.

So why did I change my mind? Boredom I guess, since I only have Flower Boy Ramyun Shop on my current list. And I am glad I did because it was not the stereotype historical where it is heavy drama but more on a playful note. 

And the female lead is Park Min Young aka Nana Bear of City Hunter and the gf of Lee Min Ho. I assume I remember her because of the latter, imagine Lee Min Ho's girl? She sure is very very lucky.

I'll blog more when as I progress as I am still at ep 4.

---
Details

Title: 성균관 스캔들 / Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Genre: Period, romance, comedy
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2010-Aug-30 to 2010-Nov-02
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis

Sungkyunkwan Scandal is set in Sungkyunkwan University in the late Joseon era during the reign of King Jeongjo, revolving around the exploits and love stories of four youths. When her younger brother's illness worsens and their family is in danger of being evicted from their house for lack of money, Kim Yoon Hee enters the school under his name, disguised as a boy in her desperation to support him. There, she becomes friends with the intelligent and upright Lee Sun Joon, the playboy Goo Yong Ha and rebellious Moon Jae Shin.
Cast

Micky Yoochun as Lee Sun Joon
Park Min Young as Kim Yoon Hee
Bang Joon Seo as young Yoon Hee
Song Joong Ki as Goo Yong Ha
Yoo Ah In as Moon Jae Shin
Seo Hyo Rim as Ha Hyo Eun
Kim Min Seo as Cho Sun
Jun Tae Soo as Ha In Soo

Details from Drama Wiki

7 comments:

Pinaywriter said...

OMO. I really need to buy a dvd player sa CDRking nang magpanuod ko na ang mga hindi ko pa napapanuod. I can't take the wait kasi so I wait for something to finish muna bago ko panuorin tapos naku...walang tulugan.

Noks Sosa said...

Same here. I love Jewel in the Palace. I think that was the only Koreanovela that I watched before. Hehehe. I love the cinematography and everything. :)

Shirgie said...

I am not really into Korean dramas but this sounds interseting. I want to check it out.

Unknown said...

wow this blog is korean telenovela pala, do you have one for 49 days I love that soap

Herbert Kikoy said...

Uhmm.. Korean stuff? hehehe.. dami na talaga nahuhumaling sa mga ganito ngaun noh :D

Iam Herbert

Unknown said...

Since that day I left the country hindi na ako nakapanood nga mga foreign teleseries not update with the latest too.

Ivan Saldajeno said...

That's what i like about K-Drama. while the likes of Boys Over Flower, the Endless Love saga, and Full House have been top rating shows not just in South Korea, but around Asia as well, they still can't forget making their audience reminisce the history of South Korea.